Article provided by: Winning Windows
If you are considering an entry door replacement, contact Winning Windows Inc. We offer a full line of high-quality entry doors for your home.
Why Should I Replace My Entry Doors?
If you know what to look for, you will be able to decide whether or not a door replacement is a right choice for you. There are times when you can paint and wash your door to give it the necessary facelift and add to your curb appeal, but then there are certain things that cannot be repaired and genuinely require a high-quality replacement.
- Is your door difficult to open and close?
- Can you see the light around the edges of your door?
- Do you feel a cold draft around your door?
- Is your door dinged up and have rust?
- Does your door have moisture between the panes of glass?
- Does your door look weathered, chipped, or cracked?
- Do you have a door snake or tightly coil a towel up in front of your door to keep the cold out?
- Have you ever had any water damage to your home?
- Maybe your door is just old and looking worn out.
- Any of the above signs can mean it is time to replace your door. If you need an entry door replacement, you will need to decide what kind of door you want.
- What Kind Of Entry Door Replacement Is Best?
- When you are choosing an entry door, you need to ask yourself some basic questions:
- How much weather exposure will the door receive?
- How much do I want to spend?
- How much use does my entry door receive?
After you have asked yourself a couple of these questions, you will need to decide on the materials.
- Steel is not always the best choice, especially if your entry door is going to receive a lot of sunlight. They can heat up and become uncomfortable to the touch. Steel doors are also less energy efficient than wood or fiberglass.
- Wood is always a popular choice because they look great and come in a wide variety of different woods and take stain or paint. Wood doors work best when they are in protected areas because they can warp and have other issues. High-quality wood doors have panels up to 1-3/8" thick whereas the economy styles are only 3/4" thick.
- Fiberglass and composite entry doors are almost maintenance-free unless they are being placed in areas that receive severe weather often. You might have to reseal them annually.
How Do I Choose A Company To Replace My Entry Doors?
- Check out their rating at the BBB.
- Ask for recommendations from family and friends.
- Make sure they have all of the required licenses and insurance.
- Do they have a social media presence? Check out what customers are saying about them.
After you have chosen your company, you might want to ask what type of door they recommend? A local company will know what the weather is like and if you need to have a security mesh screen added for your safety. Security screens are an excellent solution for entry doors and can help keep your family or your home more secure. Contact Winning Windows Inc. today.
View Larger Map